Now hiring full and part time positions for custodians with Lakeshore Global Facilities Maintenance. Applicants must be able to pass a stringent background check for placement, which is within a school district.
Full time employees are eligible for benefits the first of the month after 30 days of employment.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR CUSTODIAN
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming and/or stripping sealing, finishing and polishing them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Clean and restore building interiors/exteriors damaged by vandalism fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Clean equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Any other duties as requested or assigned by supervisors and/or managers.