Camp Bastian AFB Helmand Province, Afghanistan
Camp Bastian AFB Helmand Province Afghanistan
Camp Bastion is the main British military base in Afghanistan, home to 28,000 troops from the US and the UK. Camp Bastion handles approximately 600 fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft movements every day, operating combat, medical and logistics flights.
$180 million prime contract with the US Air Force, LGC successfully completed the design and construction of the following:
- Heavy-load aircraft apron (730,870- sf) with shoulders and three lateral taxiways
- Rotary-wing parking apron (484,376-sf) and two lateral connecting taxiways
- Runway (37,674-sf), shoulders, and two taxiways for strategic airlift
- Extension (14,531-sf) to an existing runway for conversion to a parallel taxiway
- Circulation and access roads (516,668- sf)
- Pavement markings, edge lighting, grounding, drainage, tie-down points, and site improvements
- High-mast apron lighting, site utilities, power production, and electrical connections
- Perimeter fencing, circulation and access roads
Related Federal Projects
Lajes AFB, Azores, Portugal The primary objective of this $19M MILCON project was the upgrade of an existing Type III hydrant fueling system at Lajes Air Base, Azores Islands, Portugal. The Base is strategically located midway between North America and Europe in the...
Dover AFB, DE The project involved the complete engineering design and construction for the replacement of the Transformer at the North Substation, replacement/upgrade of the Water Pressure Boost Pumps for the potable water system, and a 1,000,000‐gallon Post ...
Camp Bastian AB Helmand Province, Afghanistan Camp Bastion is the main British military base in Afghanistan, home to 28,000 troops from the US and the UK. Camp Bastion handles approximately 600 fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft movements every day, operating...